» Paediatric Chairs of Canada (PCC)
Paediatric Chairs of Canada (PCC)
Serving the health needs of children, youth and their families through leadership in education, research and clinical care
PCC represents the 16 Canadian university affiliated teaching hospitals in Canada and is dedicated to providing national leadership in paediatric research and education to promote the health and health care of children and youth.
PCC Mission Statement
The mission of the Paediatric Chairs of Canada (PCC) is to provide national leadership in paediatric research and education to promote the health and health care of children and youth.
Goals and Objectives
The goals and objectives of this national organization include:
- Enhance our national and international advocacy for pediatric education and research to improve the health of infants, children and youth.
- Enhance our role in the development of high quality, high impact paediatric oriented research that spans the continuum from prevention to promotion of paediatric health.
- To promote and enhance our role as leaders in paediatric education at the undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing medical education levels.
- To promote and assist in the development of effective human resource planning for academic pediatrics and child and youth health care delivery.
- To work together to promote child and youth access to coordinated health services in the best possible environment within academic health science centres and the communities they serve.
- To develop collaborative relationships with other national and international organizations that will assist our Assembly in fulfilling its mission.
For more information about the PCC, please visit: www.paediatricchairs.ca